Selling your old smartphone nowadays is very risky, that’s why you should erase your android smartphone data before selling it because it can prevent your personal information from exposure.
In this article, we are going to display the two best practical approaches for you to erase your Android phone before selling. With them, your private files will not be divulged any more.
before getting into How to erase your Android Smartphone data, you may want to take a backup of Your important files such as images, Videos, Documents.. etc. This article explains everything about how to backup your Android Data.
What About Factory Reset, Is it Safe? Does it method Completely erase everything?
If you want to wipe your Android phone with the factory reset before selling it, you’d better know that factory reset can’t delete the files thoroughly.
However, the deleted files are still on your Android phone but you can’t see them. Thus, it is possible that your deleted files would be recovered via a recovery app.
- It is very hard to recover files after Factory reset, but it possible
How to Erase Android Phone data Safely and Permanently
For this method, we are going to use MobiKin Eraser for Android is a professional eraser for Android devices. It can erase the existing and deleted data permanently, so you need to worry that your data will be recovered by some recovery apps.
Dowload : MobiKin Eraser for Android
Main features of MobiKin Eraser for Android:
- It not only supports to delete text messages from Android permanently, but also erase your contacts, call logs, photos, music, videos, apps, and app data, books, system settings, and more;
- Erase all kinds of data history on the Android phone, such as browsing history, transaction records, accounts, passwords, and so on;
- Three security level you can choose on the app before erasing;
- You can connect your Android phone to the computer via Wi-Fi and a USB cable freely, but using the USB cable is more stable;
- With the user-friendly interfaces, it is easy to use and you can finish the erasing task within 3 steps;
- High compatibility with most Android phones.
Method 1 – How to erase Android Phone before selling:
- Download MobiKin Eraser for Android and Connect
At first, download and install this Android eraser app on the computer. Then launch it directly and connect your Android device to the computer with a USB cable.
Now, enable USB debugging on the Android phone. The program will recognize your phone at once.
- Select a Security Level
Next, tap on the “Erase” button on the screen.
Then click the “Medium” icon beside the “Security Level” sign. On the interface, you need to select one security level and then hit on the “OK” for confirmation.
- Erase Android Data
Thirdly, please input the “delete” word in the blank, and then click the “Erase” icon on the lower right. If prompted, you need to tap on the “OK” button on the computer and the “Yes” on the phone to make sure that you are ready to erase the Android device.
Finally, the app will scan the data on the Android phone and erase all of it permanently.
Method 2: How to Wipe Your Android Phone (Complicated)
If you don’t want to use a professional app to erase your Android phone before selling, you still have another way to wipe all the data from your Android device: wiping the Android phone manually.
However, this way is a little complicated than the previous one.
- Deactivate Lock Screen : Above all, go to the Settings app and find the “Lock Screen Security” icon, and turn off the screen lock on it.
- Log Out All the Accounts: Log out all the accounts on your Android phone, such as Google Drive, Gmail, and more. And go to the Settings app for removing the accounts.
- Delete the Passwords: Please delete the passwords which are saved on your applications one by one.
- Take Out SIM Card and SD Card: Take out the SIM card and SD card from your old Android phone.
- Encrypt Android Device: Then enter to the Settings app again and tap on the “Security” option. Then click the “Encrypt phone” icon. The encryption process will mess your data up, and the new owner cannot restore the data.
- Do Factory Reset and Upload the Junk Data: Now, you can do the factory reset on the Settings app.
- Upload junk data: After that, please upload the junk data on your Android phone to fill the storage space on the phone, for it can overwrite your deleted personal data.
- Perform Another Factory Reset
Once filled the Android phone, perform the factory reset again, which confirms your important data can’t be retrieved any longer.
So, this is how to Erase Your Android Smartphone data without worrying about recover it.